About the Campaign
My name is Farai , and this campaign is on behalf of Pauline Mapuvire and 25 children living with Xeroderma Pigmentosum and cancer-stricken children in Zimbabwe. Please be advised that this campaign account contains graphic images, and the reader’s discretion is advised.
I am not a relative of any of the children with XP, but like many who came across their plight, I felt compelled to join the selfless efforts already started by Pauline, to alleviate their suffering, through this appeal.
While the sad stories and pictures make for a heart wrenching read, I feel such disclosures are imperative for your complete information, in conveying to you, the sombre gravity and desperate urgency of our appeal. The images in this campaign may indeed prove difficult for some to behold and process. The children and their guardians have been asked and provided consent for us to share these images with you in our fundraising campaigns.
Thank you for stopping by, and perhaps, for considering a donation or sharing of this campaign in support of our efforts. No amount of help is too little. It is perfectly understandable that money may not be readily available for some, but your effort in sharing the campaign with your friends, colleagues and family will be most appreciated.
The raised funds will be used to acquire, in addition to the children’s on-going care:
1. XP Suitable accommodation – we would like to raise enough money to build a house designed to meet the children’s XP condition e.g. UV protected space. A place where they can best enjoy their little lives
2. UV protective clothing / visors
3. Education for the children and families
5. Betadine antiseptic solution, and any such over the counter topical medication and moisturisers
6. Bedding – sheets, duvets, blankets
9. Cotton wool and bandages
10. Mattress / bed & Pillows / Mosquito nets
11. Solar or rechargeable lights
13. Clothing (even second hand clothing)